Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Another year has passed.....

I cannot believe it has already been a year since i last updated this blog.  What can I say?  I have been busy living and loving it!

Michael and I were married on January 1st. A simple, intimate ceremony in the Edisto Memorial Gardens located in Orangeburg, SC.  I could not be happier. He is my soulmate and makes everything a little less complicated.  I like happy!  We bought a cute little house in a small town outside of Orangeburg call Cordova.  And it is just perfect!




As far as my surgery from last May, it was a complete success.  All he ended up doing was cutting the nerve and the dead piece of tumor off and viola!  It was almost instant you could see a weight lifted from my face. It was too swollen inside for Dr. P to reroute the facial nerve, but ah God did that for a reason, it wasn't need.  A fwe months later, my smile begin to come back to "my normal."  I am so good with that!

My face still gets tired from time to time and will "freeze" up, but nothing I cannot deal with. It happens.

Oh yea- I had my left eye fixed again too (November 2012)!  Lol Cheek enhancement and tarsel lift. That healed up great too! At least my eyes are more even now.

I was due to start NIH in May of this  year. A governement funded NF2 study.  However, something has come up (will disclose at a later time) and I had to move it to the beginning of next year.  This will help aid in the rising medical costs associated with this crap and hopefully help scientist learn more about our tumors.

For now, I sign out, but keep on smiling and keep on living!  :)




1 comment:

  1. Yay for happiness! Yay for successful surgeries! Love you!

    ReplyDelete